Thursday, April 4, 2013

Let the Process Inform You



From thought down to brush strokes of paint on a picture plane, a work of art is a process that shouldn't go unnoticed. Ever since I began my exploration of painting and drawing I loved documenting each progressive step. I view the process as one of the most valuable aspects of applying oneself to a work. Each day brings forth a new flavor of creativity or an occasional stall of 'artists' block, if you will, yet combining all these forces adds a touch of personal influence to the work. My goal for this blog is to explore and expose my work through each process, from the development of the idea, the medium used, the inspiration, the day-by-day, week-by-week evolution of the work, down to the finished piece. Only time will tell the story of who I am and the artistic voice I generate as I let the process inform me.

Enjoy.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...