Monday, October 14, 2013

Inspire Me Monday is Back with Johanna Eardley | Fine Art Photographer



Meet Johanna Eardley

Stunning, right?! 

Johanna is a fellow AVC student and Photography Major at UVU. She's nearing her BFA year where she will create her final photography exhibit, a display I look forward to greatly. She's also currently my printmaking confidant and newly made friend as we share the same woes about how frustrating printmaking can be. She's become an inspiration to me as I've watched her create and make stunning works of photographic art and of course... stalked her blog in awe. ;) She currently has work displayed at the Woodbury Museum of Art.  

What I admire about her work is her beautiful depiction of concepts. If you follow me you know that that's something I'm working on attaining in my artwork, and she is displays it seamlessly. She says,

"When I think of a concept I can’t get it out of my head! I get so excited and all I can think about is how and what I will photograph next for the series. I love putting all the pieces of the puzzle together to create the photo."

Yes she does weddings and portraits as well, but her conceptual work is where she thrives, mmm it's delicious... see for yourself:






"I’ve always been interested in art from a young age, my father was very artistic and passed the passion down to me.  I was always drawing and doodling in school and constantly making things out anything I could get my hands on. My love for photography came later in life. When I bought my first camera in 2008 I couldn’t put it down and knew that was what I was going to major in. I loved the fact that I could create an everlasting moment frozen in time, to show the world how I see things.

To keep myself going I am constantly trying to feed my creativeness with looking at other artists, especially my peers. Sometimes when I’m in a creative funk, I just need to take a drive and listen to music and let my mind wander. Music is a huge inspiration to me, it frees my mind. Another way to feed my creativity is to travel, seeing new places and different cultures lets me get a new perspective and new ideas."  

When speaking about art she said, "I love that people can express themselves by creating something beautiful."  

Her favorite subject matter is narrative, illustrative and conceptual photography that usually incorporates portraiture and has a touch of fashion and beauty influence. Which makes sense why she said she is drawn to and inspired by Cig Harvey, a contemporary photographer. Johanna exclaimed, "Her work is stunning! She tells such beautiful stories with her images." As do you Johanna. 











For her work she described, "I hope I will inspire others to look at the world around them differently, and If they are artists to inspire them to keep creating.


I feel like it took me awhile to find my artistic voice. I was very intimidated when I first started, scared to experiment and stand out. I started taking some chances and risks in my assignments and people responded to them in a positive way. This started building my courage to get out there and take chances with my art and start saying what I really wanted to say."

Inspiring, eh?




post signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...